Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, which is prepared in an open pie shell without a top crust.
Did you know that sweet potato pie originated in the southern United States in the early Colonial days?
· Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
· Cooking Time: 110 minutes.
Total Time: 140 minutes.
· Servings: Eight.
Ingredients required –
· One 9-inch unbaked pie crust.
· One teaspoon vanilla extract.
· Half teaspoon ground cinnamon.
· Half teaspoon ground nutmeg.
· Two eggs.
· Half cup milk.
· One cup white sugar.
· Half cup (softened) butter.
· One 1 pound sweet potato.
1. The 1st step in the recipe is to boil sweet potatoes (with skin) for around 40 minutes to 50 minutes, or until done.
Run cold water over it before peeling off the skin.
2. Now, break apart sweet potatoes in a bowl, add butter to them and mix them well with the help of a mixer. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, milk, and sugar.
You should now beat on a medium speed until the complete mixture is smooth. After this, pour this filling into an unbaked pie crust.
3. Bake at 175° C (or 350° F) for approximately 55 minutes to 60 minutes, or until the knife inserted in the center comes out super clean. Your pie will puff up like a soufflé. After some time, it will sink due to the decrease in its temperature.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
· 253.7 mg of Sodium.
· 78.2 mg of Cholesterol.
· 20.6 g of Fat.
· 47.8 g of Carbohydrates.
· 4.5 g of Protein.
· 389 Calories.
Whoever has tasted it, has said it is the best sweet potato pie they have ever had! So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking right away.